Pet Diagnostics and Blood Work at
Trumbull Animal Hospital
At Trumbull Animal Hospital in Trumbull, Connecticut, we want to make sure that your pet is overall healthy. The best way to determine your animal is healthy is with diagnostics and blood work. Sometimes, a physical exam cannot tell us if something is wrong with your pet, so we have to rely on these two services to find that out. Take a look at the below information about pet diagnostics and blood work to understand what we use them for.
Pet Diagnostics and Blood Work
Pet blood work and pet diagnostics are important veterinary services that find out what's happening inside your animal’s body. It's impossible to ask a pet how it feels, but with blood work and some simple testing, it's much easier to discover what ails it.
At Trumbull Animal Hospital, we offer:
- Digital X-rays
- Lab tests, such as a urinalysis, stool analysis, and blood work
What Do Diagnostic Tests Look For?
The diagnostic tests our veterinarians perform looks for unusual problems in the body. Some of the common tests we perform include:
- A complete blood count to identify signs of dehydration, anemia, infection, allergic reactions, autoimmune diseases, or cancer
- A stool test to help identify parasites that could be affecting your pet's health
- A urine test to detect urinary tract diseases. It can also identify dehydration, a bacterial infection, or other issues within your pet's body
- Diagnostic imagining, such as x-rays and ultrasounds, to identify broken bones, complications with a pet's pregnancy, cancer, internal injuries, and other issues your pet may be dealing with
We also use a basic test panel to look at your pet's kidney function, to check its blood sugar levels, and to identify its electrolyte and acid/base status. It is our goal to quickly identify any kind of infection or illness your pet may have so that our veterinarians can come up with a treatment program to get it back to being healthy and happy.
Contact Trumbull Animal Hospital in Trumbull, CT for Help Today
At Trumbull Animal Hospital, all we want to do is make sure your pet stays healthy and happy. If your pet is sick, call us right away, and we will do our best to help you and your pet as soon as possible. Our number is 203-268-6231.